This machine is a Baby incubator or NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
It was fully manufactured from here in Uganda, technicians got hands off last November, 2014. Since then it has been under testing and awaiting a Presidential way forward. Below are some of the features:
1. Monitors SP02 (Oxygen in baby's blood)
2. Heart Bpm (Heart Beats per min)
3. Shows a pulse graph for the heart
4. Monitors breathing and alarms if baby stops breathing
5. Everything controlled by touch screen monitor
6. Manufactures oxygen from enviroment
7. You can set tempreture between 32, to 38c
8. Humid between 60 to 100%
9. It has a computer controlled anti mosquito system
10. Wireless device which transmits data to a nurse so that they don't have to sit and monitor the machine in one place.
It is a computer which refills water whenever required.
11 machine runs on windows 7
12 Automatic humidifier
13 Automatic sanitizer
This machine has tons of more great features.
To watch its demonstration video, please click here
This machine has been technically tested; it was manufactured under the "Save Children Campaign" within the African Space Research programme.
We are waiting on H.E. The President for deployment instructions then it starts saving lives immediately; as you read this, a premature baby has just died somewhere in Uganda.